- 22 March 2017
- Keystone joins SimplyBiz panel
SimplyBiz Mortgages has added specialist buy-to-let lender Keystone Property Finance to its panel.
All SimplyBiz Mortgage members will now be able to access Keystone’s range of buy-to-let products, short-term finance and commercial mortgages, as well as speak with its team of underwriters.
- 20 March 2017
- "To boldly go where no robot has gone before"
I am sure Star Trek would have flopped had it just been a bunch of robots exploring the galaxies; it needed great characters to bring it alive for its followers.
- 15 March 2017
- Nearly half of advisers think clients are being overcharged, survey finds
Almost half of advisers think that some clients are overpaying for the value of service they receive, according to a survey conducted by SimplyBiz's New Model Business Academy (NMBA).
- 10 March 2017
- "Singing loudly over FSCS funding consultation"
In 1959, It’s Now or Never was a massive hit for Elvis Presley, selling more than 5m records and it is no exaggeration to say that it is now or never for you to have your say on how the FSCS is funded.
- 02 March 2017
- "The thorny issue of picking a finance body name"
In Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare wrote the immortal line: “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”
- 28 February 2017
- Smarter Consumer Communications: Removing ineffective disclosure requirements in our Handbook
In October last year, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) produced policy statement PS16/23, ‘Smarter Consumer Communications: Removing ineffective disclosure requirements in our Handbook’, which outlined a number of changes it would be making surrounding communications.
- 24 February 2017
- Richard Nuttall: Enigma! Decoding the upcoming capital adequacy requirements
Although new changes to the capital adequacy rules do not take effect until 30 June, Richard Nuttall strongly recommends firms review their financial position at the earliest time possible in case action is needed.
- 22 February 2017
- "Tory change of attitude is heart of the matter"
Going head-to-head with one’s editor – in my case the knowledgeable and dynamic Emma Ann Hughes – is always somewhat high risk. However, on this occasion, it is a risk I have to take.
- 20 February 2017
- "FCA needs to find a fairer way to fund the FSCS"
Is there light at the end of the tunnel for financial advisers or is it just another train heading towards us?
- 15 February 2017
- The real value of robo-advice to advisers
Although it has been just over two years since the UK financial services market began to discuss robo-advice with any seriousness, the term has fast become part of our shared vernacular.